World of Expats is keen to provide you with the information that you need to ensure that you make a successful transition to your new expat lifestyle. As part of this we are making available Salary Expectation’s Worldwide Cost of Living Salary Calculator. This will calculate the minimum net salary you require in 140 cities in 93 countries to improve your standard of living. This will ensure that you know whether the salary you have offered will be adequate or if you need to negotiate an increase.
The salary expectation calculator uses the cost of living indices from The Economist Intelligence Unit's Worldwide Cost of Living Surveys, to determine the minimum salary you need to improve your standard of living. Both Mean and High cost of living indices are used, which means that the minimum salary you need to maintain your current standard of living will also be calculated.
Use the Worldwide Salary Expectation Calculator and receive a Personal Salary Expectation Report that includes:
- The minimum salary you require to maintain your standard of living.
- The salary that will increase your standard of living.
- The cost of living difference between your current city and destination city using mean average prices in both cities. (This will determine the salary that will provide you with an equivalent standard of living in your destination city, therefore maintaining your current standard of living.
- The cost of living difference between your current city and destination city using mean average prices in your current city and high average prices in your destination city. (This will determine the salary that will provide you with an increased standard of living in your destination city).
- Prices of up to 22 items, including food items like bread and milk, household supplies, utility bill, water and electricity bill in your destination city.
- Average prices of furnished and unfurnished apartments in your destination city.
- Income Tax summary for your destination city.